We know the unknown of the coronavirus is causing concern. We want you to know that as your partner and advocate, we are doing everything we can to reduce the stress of the situation as it pertains to your business and personal travel. We receive daily updates from our vendors and partners. Our team is staying informed of changing schedules and updated cancellation/insurance policies as they are being released.
We advise that travelers take the following precautions – en route or at home:
- Avoid handshaking! Use a fist bump, nod, namaste, etc.
- Use your knuckle to touch light switches, elevator buttons, etc.
- Lift gasoline dispensers or door handles with a paper towel or closed fist when possible. You can opt into using gloves as well.
- Use disinfectant wipes when available: Example, at the stores including the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
- Travel with disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer for the times when it is not provided.
- Be sure to get the tray table and arm rests on planes!
- Be sure to get the steering wheel in your vehicles (and rental cars)
- Use as appropriate when out shopping, getting gas, dining out, etc.
- Wash your hands often and be sure to wash them with warm water for 20+ seconds. When you do not have access to soap and water, use hand sanitizer frequently.
- If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more.
- Wash your clothing and sheets frequently. Especially if you find yourself coughing/sneezing into them.
- Use Zinc lozenges, like Cold-eeze, as directed when you begin to feel ANY cold-like symptoms beginning.
- Avoid large gatherings, perhaps except ones where all can be considered to have observed these protocols.
The links below have additional details from our partners and are being updated frequently. The Uniglobe Travel Designers team is receiving updates as well and monitoring the situation to best assist our clients:
- We have included airline links/resources below. Please reach out to our team for assistance regarding specific reservations.
Please let us know any hotel cancellation your travelers may have and we will reach out to the hotels on our clients behalf.
We will communicate with the conferences regarding any cancellations we receive. Every conference is different and we are happy to gather information and cancel conferences for our clients as well.
- Viking - Policy Update Cancel for any reason and receive future cruise credit. Viking suspends all cruises through June 30.
- Holland America - Book with Confidence policy (cancel for any reason and receive future cruise credit)
- Princess Cruises: Suspended all cruises through June 30.
- Travel Weekly overview of cancellation policies from several major suppliers
Written March 1 and not updated since; missing some key suppliers.
- PhocusWire: Updated list of industry articles regarding impact of coronavirus
Collection of articles about industry impact across sectors
- USA Today article about what insurance does & doesn't cover re COVID-19
Informational only; be sure to verify information with your preferred travel insurance vendor
Health & Govt Info
- World Health Organization (WHO) Situation Reports
Daily reports of case numbers by country/Region and key news on spread
- US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Travel Information Page
Resources regarding travel, high risk locations, precautions and FAQs
- US State Dept warning re COVID-19 (only deals with China)
- US State Dept warnings by country