Interested in working for UNIGLOBE Travel Designers? We have a few opportunities available and are always looking for new team members as we grow.
We are looking for experienced Corporate Consultants and Leisure Consultants. Please see some details regarding these positions below. We are also currently looking for administrative support (click here for more information). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and role(s) you are interested in. Please do not call the office regarding these postings.
Corporate Travel Consultant
Full Time, M-F 8:30am-5:15pm or 10:15am-7pm
The Corporate Travel Consultant will report to the Vice President of Operations and Director of Corporate Travel. We’re looking for someone that is organized, exhibits high levels of customer service, and has strong attention to detail. We request that applicants have at least 3-5 years of experience in the travel industry. Experience with Amadeus is even better! However, we will support training for any switches in GDS system. Duties below.
Leisure Travel Consultant
Full Time, M-F 8:30am-5:15pm
The Leisure Travel Consultant will report to the Director of Leisure Travel. We’re looking for a go-getter that is organized, exhibits high levels of customer service, and has strong attention to detail. We request that applicants have at least 3-5 years of experience in the travel industry. Duties below.
Corporate & Leisure Consultant Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive, cheerful approach to all customers – offer service above and beyond client expectations.
- Establishing and anticipating customer needs on first contact qualify by leading customer conversations with questions and treat each inquiry with patience and focus.
- Recommending and providing efficient and alternate routes, lowest available fares, and booking class, exchange rates, and travel services.
- Maintaining current knowledge of promotions and specials and proactively advise clients of savings opportunities.
- Offering professional and courteous client relations by managing a prompt and accurate response to telephone and email communications.
- Processing client requests for domestic and international reservations. Making seat assignments, requesting special meals, etc.
- Ensuring optimum customer service at all phases of reservations.
- Communicating information to clients accurately and appropriately.
- Keeping clients up to date on travel regulations, such as passport and visa requirements, etc.
- Understanding and properly use airline terminology, codes, airline rules and tariffs, resource guides, books, and industry contacts.
- Maintaining client profiles, ensuring special requests and reward program information.
- Monitoring, sorting, and working global distribution systems (GDS) queues daily to maintain quality control.
- Ensuring that all reservations are processed in accordance with established client policies.
- Performing duties for the owners at an urgent level (run invoices, book flights, research options, etc.)
- Moving market share for Uniglobe Travel Designers' preferred suppliers.
- Maintaining personal sales and revenue targets as established on an individual basis.
- Achieving company required service level goals related to all business.
- Offering assistance to team members when needed – including training of new employees.
Leisure Consultants will additionally be responsible for:
- Taking initiative to build clientele by networking, participating at industry events (such as bridal shows), utilizing social media, and getting creative to make sales and promote UTD.
- Printing out and preparing travel documents to be mailed out or picked up. In some cases, electronic documents will only be emailed.
- Processing travel payments and invoice in ClientBase. Make seat assignments, request “surprise and delight” items, write thank you cards, update flights with frequent flier account numbers and TSA Pre Check/Global Entry numbers, etc.
- Communicating with suppliers in a professional manner and keep records of any changes made to bookings.