UNIGLOBE Travel Designers is excited to announce we are a Showcased Wedding Pro with Columbus Bride and Groom! Columbus Bride and Groom curates a great community of local vendors that help make wedding planning as fun and stress-free as possible. It’s a natural partnership, since we’re all about stress-free planning! We encourage brides and grooms to check out their resources and to keep these honeymoon planning tips in mind while you prepare for your big day:
- Don’t Wait: We recommend booking your honeymoon at least 6-9 months in advance, and 9-12 months in advance if you’re planning a destination wedding, to find the best value.
- Plan Together: To ensure that both of you have a great honeymoon, make all of the decisions together. Figure out what your ideal vacation is by making a list of the things that are most important to each of you.
- Choose Your Paradise: Is your dream getaway full of culture exploring Europe? Is it relaxing on a beach in the Caribbean? Or cruising to a new adventure every day? Narrowing down the experience you want to have on your honeymoon will streamline the planning.
- Set a Realistic Budget: It’s important to discuss expectations and priorities. A realistic budget not only helps us customize the perfect experience for you, but helps you determine what items to splurge on and where you may want to cut costs.
- Sign up with a Honeymoon Registry: A honeymoon registry is a great way to help enhance your romantic getaway. You can create a wish list of items such as hotel nights, candlelight dinners, couples’ massage, and excursions that your guests can gift to you. It is so much better than receiving a toaster!
- Don’t Lose That Maiden Name Quite Yet: You should still use your maiden name when booking so your name on visas and airline tickets will match as it appears on official documents. Unless you are planning to take a delayed honeymoon, you likely won’t be able to change the name on your passport and driver’s license in time.
- Check Your Documents: If traveling abroad, make sure you have all of the proper documentation well in advance. And check that passport expiration date! Some countries need it to be valid up to 8 months after expected travel. And of course, we’re are here to help you determine what you need.
- Flaunt a Little: Make sure the resort, hotel, cruise line, etc. know that this is your honeymoon. You never know what upgrades and special perks may come of it.
- Don’t Over Plan: Don’t go overboard with tours and excursions. Leave some time in your schedule to do nothing and unwind.
- Call Experts at UNIGLOBE Travel Designers. We make honeymoon planning stress-free. We’ll customize your perfect getaway and make sure all of the little details are taken care of, so you don’t have to. Contact us at (614)237-4488 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Written by Ali Iovino
Ali is the Director of Marketing at UNIGLOBE Travel Designers. She is an avid road-tripper and will use any excuse to hit the open road. In her spare time she can be found volunteering in Columbus, hanging out with other people's dogs, or visiting family on Long Island.