You can’t deny that social media has turned into an excellent travel tool. It helps us connect with different people and cultures, opens us up to new destinations, and helps fuel that never-ending wanderlust that drives us to keep exploring.
And because we can never resist embracing those who love travel as much as we do, the UTD team has compiled some of our favorite travel-centric Instagram accounts that we feel should be on every adventurer’s radar.
1. @cassiedepecol : It has been especially fun to follow the journey of Cassie De Pecol as she broke the Guinness World Records for the fastest person and female to travel to every sovereign nation, in addition to being the first documented woman and the youngest American to travel to every country. And all by the age of 27! She shares her adventures, travel tips, and love for travel inspiring all of us to grab our passports and go.
2. @Momimfine: Jonathan needed a way to let his mom know he was okay throughout all of his international adventures so “Mom I’m Fine” was created and is now a constant lighthearted source of wayfaring entertainment.
3. @PedroMcBride: Pete McBride is a National Geographic photographer and film director who showcases his breathtaking photographs and amazing stories throughout his travels. From Antarctica to his local river, McBride’s work will inspire you to take in the scenery wherever you go.
4. @itsbigben: Benjamin Prescott will make you want to get out into the wilderness and connect with the world’s natural beauty. He also uses his adventures as a platform to highlight the Union Gospel Mission’s Expeditions program, which provides a unique opportunity for men within the UGM’s Alcohol and Drug Recovery Program to challenge themselves, explore, connect with each other, and work on their journey to recovery. Prepare to be inspired in more ways than one.
5. @paperboyo: Rich McCor offers an exuberant and creative way to see our favorite travel destinations. By creating paper cut outs to play off of classic landmarks, he is able to present fresh perspectives on our familiar surroundings. His account is a fantastic reminder that travel is supposed to be fun and whimsical.
6. @justin.travel: This IG essentially serves as a portfolio that not only showcases highlights of his travels, but also his bold take on shapes and lighting. It’s an enchanting mix of adventure and artistry that will make you yearn to see these destinations for yourself.
7. @sincethatgetaway: Feel the love and follow Alexandra & Anupam as they journey through the world together. This account is a great blend of scenery and personal shots that will make you feel like you not only know the couple, but it will make you want to pack your bags and join them on one of their many adventures.
We’re sure we’ve left so many great accounts off, so tell us, what accounts ignite your passion for globe-trotting?
Written by the UTD Team
Uniglobe Travel Designers is a minority, women owned, award-winning, full service travel management company specializing in both corporate and leisure travel. This article was a collaborative effort from our team.